It´s time to invite your friends over for a Midsummer Party. See our suggestion for the perfect menu to serve at your party!
STARTER: Pea Soup
2 cloves of garlic
2 cm fresh ginger
½ fresh green chili
Oil for frying
75 g fresh baby spinach
450 g green peas (from frost)
7 dl vegetable broth
1 can of coconut milk (400 g)
Juice of ½ lemon
Salt and freshly squeezed pepper
1. Peel the garlic cloves. Peel the ginger. Clean the chili Chop the garlic, ginger and chilli finely and fry it in oil in a pan for 2 minutes.
2.Rinse the spinach leaves, and add them together with the frozen peas. Pour hot broth and bring the soup into a boil. Let the soup simmer for 10 minutes.
3.Take the pot of the heat and blend the soup smoothly with a spelled blender directly into the pan. Put the pot over the heat and add coconut milk. Warm the soup well and taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Serve the soup into bowls and garnish with mint leaves.
MAIN: Flounder with root vegetable fries and artichoke puree
800 g parsnip (10 large)
800 g carrots (10 large)
8 large twigs of fresh rosemary
Salt and pepper
4 tablespoons olive oil
800 g plaice (4 fillets)
400 g artichoke (10-12 pieces)
1 dl skimmed milk
1. Peel parsnips and carrots and cut them into rods of approx. 8 cm x 1 cm, and dry them in paper towels. Place the root vegetables in an ovenproof dish and turn them around with salt, pepper, six rosemary and olive oil. Place on the middle shelf in a preheated oven at 200 ° C for about 40 minutes.
2. Peel the lemon, squeeze the juice over the fish in an ovenproof dish and simmer for 5 minutes in lemon juice, grated lemon peel, salt, pepper and the rest of the rosemary.
Put the ovenproof dish with the fish next to the other dish for the last 20 minutes, so it will be done at the same time.
3. Peel and shred the earthquakes into smaller pieces, pour water so that it just covers and cook them until they are soft (about 20 minutes). Blend them with the boiling water to a purée with a spelled blender and add skim milk if the bog is not too thin.
Taste the puree with salt and pepper and put it on a plate with the fish and the root vegetable fries.
This recipe is from the book "Træn, Spis, Lev" by Frida Hallqvist and Maria Lucia Heiberg Rosenberg. Get more inspiration and read more at: www.fridahallqvist.com.
DESSERT: Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce
1/2 cup sugar1. Combine sugar, cocoa, and salt in small saucepan. Add enough water to make stirable consistency.
2. Add butter to cocoa mixture.
Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly. Allow to boil for 1 minute, stirring. Remove from heat.
3. Add vanilla.
Serve warm over ice cream.
Add chopped nuts if you really want a treat!