Theres nothing better than chocolate. Here's two recipes we love - chocolate cake and chocolate mousse.
150 g butter
3 dl sugar
1½ dl wheat flour
2 tsp. vanilla sugar
½ teaspoon. salt
4 tablespoons. cocoa powder
a round spring shape, 22 cm in diameter
little butter to the mold
100 g dark chocolate
2 tablespoons. butter
1. Chocolate cake: Turn the oven at 200°.
2. Melt the butter in a pan and let it cool slightly. Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Whip the eggs together and mix the butter.
3. Add the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly until the mass is completely smooth.
4. Pour the dough into a greased form and place the cake in the middle of the oven for approx. 18 minutes. The cake must remain slightly glued and soft in the middle. Let the cake cool at room temperature so that it settles. Use a sharp knife to loosen the cake from the edges of the mold.
Garnish: Melt chocolate over water bath. Add butter, let it melt and stir around until cream is smooth. Grease the cream over the cake and let it cool.
3 egg whites
2 tablespoons of sugar
50 g dark chocolate
Nuts, berries or fresh fruit for garnish
1. Whip egg whites stiff with chopsticks in a bowl.
2. Add sugar and whip until it dissolves in the stiff egg whites.
3. Gently chop the chocolate into a hot bowl over a water bath and pour it into the stiff egg whites while whipping. Turn the whip off as soon as the chocolate is mixed in the whites and then spread the mousse into a large bowl or several small ones.
The mousse can be eaten immediately, but it tastes best when it has been sitting for a few hours in the refrigerator. Decorate with nuts, berries or fresh fruit before serving.