Baby it’s cold outside and we have the perfect drink to warm up your day. There is nothing better than to stay inside and enjoy hot drinks in front of the fireplace, when the weather is cold and chilly. We are sick and tired of the traditional hot chocolate. Our new and improved favorite drink is a caramelized cinnamon latte served in our beautiful Crispy Highball. Invite your friends and family to enjoy this delicious and cozy drink. Gather around the table and play board games all day long and remember to have a good time!Photo by: Kamilė Leonavičiūtė
If you don’t have a fireplace light a couple of candles to make the surroundings stylish and cozy. Our T-light is perfect for doing so.Photo by: Kamilė Leonavičiūtė
- Single or double shot of hot espresso
- ½ cup of milk
- 2 teaspoons of caramel-flavored syrup (If you prefer you can use homemade caramel, check out the recipe below)
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon-flavored syrup
- Cinnamon stick and powder
- Whipped cream
- Prepare espresso
- Heat up milk in a pan or in a milk-frother (use whole milk for a creamier consistence)
- Add caramel syrup to the glass
- Add heated milk
- Pour the hot espresso into the glass and add both caramel and cinnamon syrup. Stir until you achieve a completely smooth consistence.
Add whipped cream on top and garnish with caramel syrup. Lastly sprinkle cinnamon powder on the whipped cream and add a cinnamon stick to complete the look.
Easy Homemade Caramel Sauce RecipePhoto by: Kamilė Leonavičiūtė
- ½ cup of water
- 1 1/4 cup of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Combine water, sugar, salt and the empty vanilla pod in a stainless-steel pan over medium heat.
- Stir with a fork until the syrup comes to boil. This will take about 4 minutes.
- Then simmer without stirring until the syrup is honey-colored, roughly 6 minutes.
- Continue cooking until the syrup is light to medium amber.
- Add cream and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir constantly to knock back the foam.
- Simmer until the caramel registers 100oC on a digital thermometer. (This takes about 3 minutes)
- Then transfer the caramel to a heat-resistant container.
- Stir in vanilla extract and cool to room temperature.
- The caramel will thicken as it cools down.
Tip: Make a large position and refrigerate the leftovers up to 1 month in an airtight container.